Friday, November 7, 2014

A week in Joes Valley UT

So I have hit the road again, first stop Joes Valley UT. Well I rolled in Tuesday morning, it was so nice to see blue sky and feel the sun, it had been raining since I left Michigan. I had the day to myself until some friends got there, so I decided to go check out some smaller boulders for my solo day. So Cypress (my dog) and I hiked up to this problem called “Powder Toast Man” and started playing around on it. I figured out all the moves but didn’t want to top it out without anyone up there. So we decided to call it a day and head back to camp and make some food. Upon pulling into camp I saw some folks playing on some problems close by, I walked over to see that an old friend Steven was there. It is always fun catching up with folks that you haven't seen in a few years. So I put off making some food and climbed a little more.
Well the next morning some friends showed up and it was game on for the next week.













 Sometimes no matter how hard you try you just can't stick a move, you have to always believe you can do it or you'll never get there.








 We all ticked off some projects and left with stuff to come back too. This was the go that I happily stuck the crux move on “Stir The Pie” for the send







We would climb all day and all night, with swimming brakes during the hottest part of the day, or ice cream eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment